TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
- DELIVERIES: All deliveries unless advised otherwise in writing MUST be inspected for damage in front of the driver prior to signing for the goods. If any damage is found it MUST be signed for as "damaged". If this procedure is not followed you will NOT be insured for any loss. All damage claims MUST be reported within 24 hours of delivery.
- FREE DELIVERY means up to 5 working days from placing the order, however we do aim for next day delivery. Items will be delivered using a courier service or pallet service depending on the total weight and value of the order. Lightweight/low value items are normally dispatched by 1st Class Post. Full details available upon request. Please contact us if you have any special delivery requirements eg delivery via tail lift vehicles, weekend deliveries, timed deliveries, unpaved or narrow pathways etc.
This is for UK mainland only, excluding Scottish Highlands, and Offshore Islands, Scottish Highlands this includes but is not limited to G83, G84, IV3-IV40, IV52-IV54, IV63, KW1-KW14, PA20-PA38, PA41-PA78, PH17-44, PH49, PH50, HS1-9, TR21-25, ZE1-3, BT. If you are in any doubt then please call prior to ordering or there will be a surcharge to your order. Please note we reserve the right to refuse any orders for shipment into Scotland.
- PAYMENT TERMS are payment with order or 30 days monthly account for approved credit customers. Online Bank Transfer or approved Debit Cards (No Fee). Telephone card payments will incur a 2.5% fee. Paypal will incur a 3.5% fee.
- CURRENT PRICES at time of dispatch apply to all orders and for payment with order only.
- INFORMATION PROVIDED by us either verbally or written is done so to the best of our knowledge. We cannot be held responsible for incorrect or insufficient data being provided, we recommend you speak to your installer before making any purchases from our website.
- WARRANTY: Cooleasy.co.uk is a trade supply website - All warranties are parts only RTB (return to base) and held by the manufacturer / importer and not "iXus Distribution Ltd" the distributor and normally for 12 months from date of invoice unless otherwise stated.
- INSTALLATION: Some items on this website will require installation by an appropriately registered fgas installer, by purchasing from this website you are agreeing to comply with the Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases Regulations 2015. (link provided for your convenience)
- ALL SALES: We are a trade supply website, however we are happy to supply to the end user as long as you are happy with our terms. We are unable to ship split type air conditioning units without confirmation that installation will be completed by an fgas engineer - failure to provide this will result in your purchase being cancelled and payment refunded.
Full Terms & Conditions
1. These general conditions shall apply save as varied by specific agreement in writing and if these conditions conflict with any conditions of the Purchaser, these conditions shall prevail.
FORMATION OF CONTRACT
2. The contract of sale shall be concluded by the issue of an invoice or delivery note from iXus Distribution Ltd (hereafter referred to as the Company) containing these conditions and any representative of the Purchaser shall be deemed to have authority to contract on such items.
3. All data included in catalogues, circulars, advertisements, websites and price lists of the Company shall be deemed to be approximate only.
4.1 Except as provided in clause 4.3 delivery of the goods shall take place when they are actually delivered to the Purchaser or his representatives or to the Purchaser’s premises when the risk as to loss and damage in respect of the goods shall pass to the Purchaser.
4.2 Late delivery of goods does not entitle the Purchaser to do any of the following:
4.2.1 reject the goods;
4.2.2 terminate the contract;
4.2.3 withhold payment.
4.3 If the Company is unable to deliver the goods because the Purchaser has not provided appropriate instructions, information, documents, licenses or authorisations delivery of the goods shall be deemed to have taken place on the day the Company would have delivered them.
4.4 The seller may deliver by installments in such quantities as it may reasonably decide; such installments shall be separate obligations and no breach in respect of one or more of them shall entitle the Buyer to cancel any subsequent installments or repudiate this contract as a whole.
4.5 Risk in the goods passes to the Purchaser on delivery.
4.6 The wording "Free Delivery" indicates delivery is included in the price shown and not added at the end of the shopping cart. Standard shipping is assumed to be £50 plus vat.
5.1 Prices shown on our website are shown exclusive & inclusive of V.A.T. at its current rate.
5.2 Without prejudice to any other remedy available to the Company if payment is overdue, payment for all goods by the Purchaser to the Company shall become payable immediately and interest as allowed by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest Act 1998) shall be chargeable from the date of invoice and the Company may recover the goods as set out in clause 6.4.
TITLE AND RISK
6.1 Ownership of the goods remains with the Company and will not pass to the Purchaser until one of the following events occurs:
6.1.1 the Company is paid for all the goods and no other amounts are owed by the Purchaser in respect of other goods supplied by the Company.
6.1.2 the Purchaser sells the goods in accordance with these conditions in which case ownership will pass to the Purchaser immediately before the goods are delivered to the Purchaser’s customer.
6.2 Where the goods are attached to or incorporated in other goods or are altered by the Purchaser, ownership of the goods shall not pass to the Purchaser by virtue of the attachment, incorporation or alteration if the goods remain identifiable and, when attached or incorporated in other goods, can be detached or removed from them.
6.3 The Purchaser must store the goods separately from any other goods until one of the following events occurs:
6.3.1 they become the Purchaser’s property; or
6.3.2 they are attached to or incorporated in other goods; or
6.3.3 they are delivered to another buyer by the Purchaser.
6.4 If the Purchaser is overdue in paying for the goods or any other goods supplied by the Company, the Company may, if still the owner of the goods, recover and resell them. The Company may enter the Purchaser’s premises for this purpose and may, if necessary, detach or remove the goods from any other goods. This does not affect any other right of the Company.
6.5 Until the Purchaser has paid the Company for all goods which the Company has supplied to the Purchaser:
6.5.1 if the Purchaser sells the goods, the Purchaser shall hold the proceeds of sale on trust for the Purchaser in a separate bank account;
6.5.2 the Company may trace the proceeds of sale that the Purchaser receives into any bank or other account which the Purchaser maintains;
6.5.3 if the Purchaser sells the goods, the Purchaser may, by written demand, require the Purchaser to assign to the Company the Purchaser’s rights to recover the price from its buyer; and
6.5.4 the Purchaser must not assign to any other person any rights arising from a sale of the goods without the Company’s consent.
GUARANTEE AND WARRANTY
7.1 The guarantee period shall be 12 months from the date of invoice unless otherwise stated.
7.2 During such period the Company shall remedy any defects in the goods arising out of defective materials and/or workmanship provided that the Purchaser on discovering a defect shall give immediate notice verbally and in writing of such defects to the Company.
7.3 Immediately after giving such notice, the Purchaser shall return the defective goods (or any part thereof) to the Company at the Purchaser’s risk and expense.
7.4 The Company shall repair or replace the goods within a reasonable period or at the option of the Company the invoiced price of such goods shall be refunded to the Purchaser thereby discharging the Company from any further liability for any consequential or other damages except that after repair or replacement the goods shall be guaranteed for the remainder of the guarantee period only.
7.5 The Company shall not be liable if the defects result from misapplication, misuse or other fault of the Purchaser in relation to the storage, handling, application or use of such goods (without prejudice to any term implied by law).
7.6 The Company shall endeavour to supply products suitable for the Purchasers requirements but shall not be under any liability for failure of a product where no or incomplete or incorrect technical or other information as to its application or usage has been supplied.
7.7 If the goods are covered by a supplier’s or manufacturer’s guarantee the terms of such guarantee shall be deemed to be accepted by the Purchaser in substitution for the foregoing guarantee. The Purchaser shall be responsible for ascertaining which guarantee provisions apply.
7.8 These warranties and guarantees shall not apply if the Purchaser is in breach of installation instructions or these terms and conditions including the obligation to make payment.
7.9 Nothing in these conditions limits the Company’s liability for personal injury or death arising from the negligence of the Company, its representatives or employees.
WARRANTY CLAIMS MUST GIVE DETAILS OF PURCHASE DATE AND FAULT, AND:
7.10.All warranties are held by the manufacturer / importer and not "iXus Distribution Ltd" the distributor. Should you request an “advance warranty replacement,” this will be invoiced and must be paid pending the return and processing of the item being replaced.
7.11 Returned items must be accompanied by a completed Warranty Goods Return Form or a Faulty on Installation (DOA) Returns Form (both forms available on request. DOA (Dead On Arrival) is defined as start up day plus 2 days or within 7 days after delivery. NOTE THAT FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUFFICIENT INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN WARRANTY CLAIMS BEING DELAYED OR REFUSED.
7.12 We aim to process all warranty returns within 28 days of receipt whenever possible.
RETURN OF GOODS
8. If the Purchaser wishes to return non-defective unused goods this must be done within 14 days of the purchase. The Company must be contacted by either telephone or email and a returns number will be issued, without a returns number the goods will not be accepted back into stock. We would also recommend you use a "registered service" ie: Royal Mail Business Post or similar courier as goods will not become our responsibility until signed for by a member of our staff.
8.1 You the customer are liable for the cost and safe return of the goods irrespective of the stipulated return period. A full refund less the listed postage cost below will then be credited to the original method of payment. (£15 exc vat for smaller items, £40 exc vat for couriered deliveries & £60 ex vat for palletised deliveries). Non stock items ie goods shipped directly from the manufacturer and Business to Business orders will carry a minimum 25% returns fee.
8.2 All returnable items must be in "as-new" condition, with complete and undamaged packaging. Refunds for returned goods will be made at the price at which the goods were purchased. Any specialist courier charges incurred by iXus Distribution Ltd for the return of goods will also be deducted from the refund amount.
8.3 If goods have been used or the packaging incomplete or damaged a partial refund will only be issued, with an amount to be deducted to reflect diminished value of the goods minus any return shipping costs.
8.4 All sales are trade sales and are refundable at our discretion.
9.1 If the Company consents to cancellation under clause 8.0 the Purchaser shall indemnify the Company for all liquidated damages and losses incurred as a result of the cancellation.
9.2 Special Order goods will not be refunded under any circumstances once the order has been placed with us.
10. If the Purchaser:
10.1 being a company;
10.1.1 has a petition presented for its winding up; or
10.1.2 passes a resolution for voluntary winding-up (other than for the purpose of a bona fide amalgamation or reconstruction); or
10.1.3 enters into a voluntary arrangement with its creditors; or
10.1.4 becomes subject to an administration order; or
10.1.5 has a receiver appointed of all or any of its assets; or
10.2 being an individual or firm;
10.2.1 becomes bankrupt or insolvent; or
10.2.2 enters into a voluntary agreement with creditors then the Company shall be entitled to treat the contract as being at an end or suspend any further deliveries under the contract. If the goods have been delivered but not paid for, the price shall become due immediately regardless of any previous arrangement to the contrary.
11.1 The Company shall be under no liability if it is unable to perform a contract of sale (including delays in delivery) for any reason beyond its control including Act of God, fire, inclement or exceptional weather conditions, official or unofficial industrial action, hostilities, shortage of labour, shortage of materials, failure of power or other supplies, governmental orders or intervention by any other cause whatsoever of an unexpected and exceptional nature.
11.2 If circumstances under clause 10.1 3 months the Company may terminate the contract.
13. The law relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be English Law and the Purchaser shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Terms & Conditions last updated 16/03/2020